The Wildflower babe's 10 must-haves this holiday season...
Wildflower co-founder Sydney Carlson is one busy bb. She’s constantly hard at work with the newest designs at Wildflower and is ever-inspiring young fashionistas around the world. Now, the absurdly witty and black-haired bombshell has launched a brand new project: Sydney Denim. (Check it out here!) “This project I have been working on for so long means so much to me. I have always loved to draw and being able to express my feelings through this form and turn it into something I can share with you all means the world to me,” she announced on her Tumblr. Syd is on the move and we’re so happy she took the time to share with us her 10 must-haves for this holiday season. Take a peek below!
1. Mini Silk Satin Dress - This satin slip dress can be styled up or down. Pair it with my Sydney Denim Jacket (!!!!!!!) and some vintage boots or strap on your heels and fave jewelry. Either way, trust, because it’s gonna be hot.
2. The M Jewelers Personalized Choker - Have you figured out that I like old english font yet? Get your own badass personalized choker here.
3. Gucci SOCKS - Hell yas. I want these Italian made Gucci socks for every day of my life.
4. Supreme Hoodie - Everyone should have one of these. Or I guess you could just steal your boyfriend’s. It looks cuter on you anyways.
5. Sydney Doodle Wildflower Case - Because, I gotta represent! This case shares a few of my favorite things!
6. Danielle Guizo Custom Bomber Jackets - This gothic text personalized bomber jacket is cool af. Custom make your own with white embroidery featuring chain stitching. What would yours say?
7. Rihanna x Puma Hoodie - Featuring the artwork of Nomura Hitoshi, the Long Sleeve Graphic Front Lacing Hoodie has rope lacing down the front, PUMA branding emblazoned on the back, and the collection's lucky number 13 on the sleeve. With its unique, baggy style, this piece is a FENTY PUMA by Rihanna favorite.
8. Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Robe - Anyone else still feeling the aftershock of the Victoria’s Secret fashion show? (Also check out these BTS shots on our blog). This silky, kimono style robe is inspired by the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and lets you prep and primp like the freakin' supermodel that you are.
9. Rhinestone Bralette - No words. Just this. HOT.
10. Flame Leather Skirt - Insert dad joke about this leather mini skirt being HAWT. But, really, this Nasty Gal skirt is made in Downtown Los Angeles and is sustainably sourced using only reworked vintage or deadstock fabrics. Rad.
What is on your list? Leave your wishlist in the comments section!
What the Wildflower co-founder is wishing for this holiday...
I'm just gonna come right out and say it: Devon is a total babe - we all know this. She's also effortlessly cool and has killer style. Again, common knowledge. But what you might not know about the smart Wildflower co-founder is that she is beyond kind, determined, and radiates positivity wherever she goes. So why wouldn't we want to pick her brain about this upcoming holiday season? We asked her to curate her ultimate gift guide -- her top 10 must-haves for the holidays. Scroll down to have a look!
1. Wildflower Rosé iPhone Case - Because I love this one… and duh.
2. Glossier Generation G Lip Stain - This new kind of lip color is the best idea for a stocking stuffer. It gives the look and finish of a stain, but glides on easily and wears as comfortably as a balm.
3. Frasier Sterling Custom Necklace - This gold filled custom necklace allows you to spell out anything you want (9 characters or less). Seriously, anything.
4. Frasier Sterling Disco Choker - Who doesn't want a glam disco choker? Spice up any outfit with this glitzy, Studio 54 steez.
5. Vogue Coloring Book - For all the fashion lovers - this is for you! This book is a glamorous dream wardrobe of luxurious ball gowns and soigné cocktail dresses, smart suits and dramatic accessories by key designers including Christian Dior, Balenciaga, Givenchy and Chanel. The accompanying captions offer fashion and style tips (often hilarious) and are taken from the original pages of VOGUE.
6. Playboy Bunny Book - Ugh, THIS. For the first time ever, Playboy presents the complete, official account of the iconic Playboy Bunny. Coinciding with the Bunny's 50th anniversary, this richly illustrated book presents stunning pictorials of famous and classic Bunnies from the likes of Debbie Harry, Lauren Hutton, and Gloria Steinemas well as rare images unearthed from the Playboy vault.
7. 'Vermeil - Prosecco Rose' Corta Maison Candle - This is the most amazing candle! It is crafted with a coconut wax blend, essential oils and cotton wicks to ensure a clean, fragrant and unforgettable burn. Prosecco Rose contains notes of brut rose champagne, chilled and poured over cassis berries and edible white rose petals. OMG, WHAT.
8. Forever 21 Faux Fur Hoodie - I've worn this almost everyday since I got it. Soooo, maybe I need another one?
9. Custom Pop and Suki Bag - This bag is all about you. Pick one of three colors, add text and/or accessorize! Small enough to go everywhere with you but big enough to hold life’s essentials. It’s perfect from day to night! Comes with one crossbody strap.
10. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Polaroid Camera - This camera is the newest (and cutest) mini version of Fuji's Instax Instant Camera. It's super easy to tote around and features simple exposure adjustment and automatic flash. Literally, capture moments anywhere!
What's on your wish list this year? We want to know! Leave your comments below!
Just this week, the world's most sought after supermodels touched down in Paris to strut their stuff on the catwalk of the hottest event of the year, The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. All eyes were on Kendall, Gigi, and Bella as the three super celebs earned their angel wings. "Can't believe I get to experience all of this with my best friend!" Bella wrote on her Instagram with a posted pic of her and her sis.
Also stealing the show? Oh, just the $3 million Fantasy Bra, covered in white diamonds, emeralds, and over 9,000 other gemstones. NBD. Major babe, Jasmine Tookes, was the lucky femme to wear the piece of sparkling art. "It's very heavy; it weighs more than 450 karats," she said in an interview. "It weighs down on my shoulders a little bit, but it's so worth it," she said. "I might jog out of this show with it though."
In addition to the newbies, be sure to keep your eyes out for other gorgeous Victoria's Secret veterans like Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Maria Borges, Romee Stridj, Lais Oliveira, Lily Donaldson, Elsa Hosk, and Devon Windsor. Major babe alert.
Step behind the velvet ropes and take a sneaky peek at these candid pics of the angels as they get ready for the show. And be sure to watch the show in its entirety, including musical performances by Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars, on Monday at 7pm PST.
Are you seeing everything with P I N K tinted glasses like we are? We are totally heart eye emoji-ed for the angels and curated a collection inspired by the beauties. Shop it below.
>>Shop the cases, clockwise from top left: Amethyst Case, Marble Case, Rosé Case, Legend Case, Diamond Silver Studded Heart Case, Pink Stone Case, Pink Leather Case, Gabi DeMartino Case, Pink Marble Case.
Photographs by Diego Zuko, Pascal Le Segretain, Thibault Camus, Dimitrios Kambouris, Karwai Tang, and Lionel Bonaventure.
Who are you most looking forward to seeing strut on the catwalk this Monday? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
We all have fashionably cool girls in our lives... you know the ones. Their effortless style is always on point and they are at least a year ahead of trends. These girls only shop at the best places, from small nameless vintage boutiques to designer stores and websites. They are your go-to girl for fashion advice and these babes never miss an opportunity to make a statement with their style. They are fashion goddesses. But as much as we love them, my god, they are hard to shop for. What do you get the fashion forward femme who already has everything? Well, relax mama, because that's where we come in. Check out our best 10 gift ideas for the style icons in your life.
Boyfriend jeans: They scream laid back cool with effortless style.
Vintage band tee: See above. Plus they are rad af. Pair with a leather bomber for added style.
Two Wildflower cell phone cases. Yes, two. At least. Because all the fashion-forward girls change their cases to reflect their mood and outfit... plus they know tech accessories are actually fashion accessories.
Black brimmed hat. Pair with a slip dress or wear it casually with your boyfriend jeans and ACDC shirt.
Vintage Ray Bans. Duh.
Black heeled ankle boots. They go with e-ver-y-thing. Like, everything.
Leather clutch with chain shoulder strap. The more vintage-y, the better. Clutch bags are the cherry on top of a cute outfit.
Vintage Chanel gold studs. Because, let's face it, every chic sister should own these.
Leather gloves. Cotton and wool just won't do.
This post originally ran on Free People's blog. Check out the interview below!
Two sisters: both beautiful and fashionable. Both smart, kind and easy-going. Both social babes... LA 'it girls,' if you will. But what makes them so different from the next stylish girl in vintage Levis, you ask? Devon and Sydney are co-founders of their own business. And they aren't even 23. "I graduated high school about 1 1/2 years ago and, instead of following the college route, I jumped into building my own business," says Sydney. With her long jet black hair reflecting the hot downtown sun, she adds, "Even though I'm only 19 I feel like I've already experienced so much. I'm working every day, while carving out time to have a 19-year-old life... on top of handling a business, my own career, social media, becoming independent and still trying to be a role model to others along the way. I've always been the shy, introverted type. So even though I may be quiet on the outside, my mind is constantly running with thoughts. I'm not too sure how my life got here, but I'm so happy it did!"
If Sydney says she is the shy one, then it might be safe to say that her older sister Devon got the extroverted genes. Upon meeting her, I was greeted with a mega-watt smile and a healthy handshake. Her baby blues were as striking as her energetic smile. "I LOVE fashion. Vintage shopping and searching for unique pieces is my favorite thing to do. Outside of Wildflower, I love to hang out with my dog, try new restaurants and talk to people. I love random conversations with strangers!"
Get to know these two sisters, their company, and how Miley Cyrus helped launch Wildflower Cases, now available all over the world.
Can you tell us how Wildflower first started? When was the moment you realized you wanted to make cell phone cases?
Devon: My mother has always been the craftiest mom on the block. She would make my sister and me studded shorts -- fabric on one side, studs on the other. Then she got the idea to make us matching phone cases with fabric and studs because it was nearly impossible to find cute phone cases for our iPhone 4's (4 years ago).
When she surprised us with her handmade cases we FREAKED out. We came up with a bunch more designs, instantly. They were like nothing I'd ever seen before. Next thing I knew, all the girls at our school wanted our cases. My mom started making extras and keeping them in her purse in case someone wanted to buy them off of her!
One evening my family went out to dinner and my sister and I got up to go to the bathroom. While waiting in line, Miley Cyrus walked out of the bathroom stall. Miley Cyrus was (and still is) one of my idols. I felt like I had to ask for a photo, so I did. While taking the photo Miley immediately noticed my phone case, freaked out and asked where I got it. I told her my mom made it for me and she asked to meet my mom. She walked up to our table and told my mom, "these cases are AMAZING and you need start a company because these phone cases are the cutest things ever!"
Then, Miley tweeted a photo of our cases and tagged me. I got swarmed with responses asking where to buy the cases! My mom named the company Wildflower after young girls like Miley who are free spirited, independent and driven to succeed in life. Thankfully my dad is a graphic designer, so he stayed up all night -- 'til 5am -- and made a website. In the morning I started replying to everyone on Twitter with "wildflowercases.com". We immediately started getting orders and I guess the rest is history. I believe Miley was there to motivate my mom to start this business with us. It was meant to be and we love Miley forever for it.
Sydney: We loved them (the cases) so much! But not just us, everyone around us. Nobody had seen anything like this before and it got to the point where we would get stopped in the mall and asked where we got our cases.
Devon had always been the biggest Miley fan, even since the Hannah Montana days, so she had to ask for a photo. I took the photo with my phone, which had the case my mom made on it. Miley saw it and freaked out! We had a company overnight just by the power of one tweet. It truly was fate and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We love Miley for motivating my mom to start a company.
I read that social media has been a huge success for Wildflower -- can you share what social media means for your marketing campaigns?
S: Wildflower has really opened my eyes to the world of social media. I mean, I knew it was huge but didn't realize, until I was on the business end, how big it really is. Brands nowadays turn to Instagram, YouTubers and social media influencers for marketing. Because it works! Luckily for us, these people genuinely love and adore our cases and want to post without us even asking and we love them for it! I've met and have created so many new amazing friendships throughout this world because of social media. If you use it the right way it really can benefit your brand!
D: Wildflower was pretty much created on social media, day one. Since my sister and I were 14 and 17 years old at the time, it only made sense to create an Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, etc. for Wildflower. I never really looked at social media as "advertising/marketing" until about 2 years ago. We would just post cute photos of our outfits along with the cases and people seemed to like it.
Now social media is a necessity in the business world. Whenever I first hear of a company, I'll usually look them up on Instagram before looking up their website. I think the key to gaining success on social media is creating a vibe and staying true to yourself and your brand. It is important to be authentic and real.
What does a typical workday look like for you?
S: The thing that makes working for Wildflower so fun for me is the act that every day is something new. Usually throughout the day I'm designing, researching and coming up with new ideas and ways to make our brand the best it can be. Not to mention I'm learning so much along the way... it's like college in real life haha.
D: I work from home! I wake up every morning between 8am/9am, make coffee and start replying to emails and work on brand marketing for a few hours. Then I usually take my dog on a walk and grab some lunch. Then I'll come back home and search the internet for Wildflower inspo and design cases, plan for upcoming events, campaigns, etc.
How does Wildflower stand out in a sea of competitors?
D: We got started on the fashion iPhone case trend at the right time, and we've built the best loyal customers on our social media. Also, all of our cases are limited edition, so we will only do limited runs of certain designs. It allows them to be unique, special and sometimes hard to find because they sell out so fast.
S: Wildflower connects with all of our customers and supporters on more of a personal level. We love talking and replying to people and try to make everything as if we're all just friends! That's a big part of why I think we can connect so well with our audience -- we are all around the same age and we love to help each other out. It's just one big Wildflower family.
What has been your biggest success up until this point? Challenge?
D: Our biggest success is starting this business from two handmade cases my mom made and, 4 years later, we're sold world-wide in stores and online. From Dubai to Japan to NYC, in big and small stores. Selling Wildflower cases in Free People was our goal once we knew we had something special. We've always felt Wildflower and FP were such a good fit.
S: It's crazy to me that there are girls across the world that use our cases. I designed a case that somebody wants? I'm so thankful for that. The challenge is finding enough time to do everything. It seems like with work, friends, career... I'm so busy but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so thankful for what I get to do every day.
D: The challenge is creating the next trend. I really like to take chances with our designs and not stay the typical course or trends that other brands do. It's a more difficult approach but that's what makes Wildflower so unique. That said, it's a true blessing that I (my family) get to wake up and do what I do every day. I love it.
You ladies are huge social media influencers. What do you think makes an "it-girl?"
D: I think you just have to be yourself and be confident. Don't worry about what other people think about you. That's not your job. Just focus on your dreams, desires and find happiness in everything.
S: In this generation, everyone (especially the younger people our ages) have so much opportunity right in front of them. To me, an "it-girl" is that person who is motivated, wants to be successful and inspire others to do the same. It makes me so happy when I see people telling me I inspire and motivate them, it is encouragement to work even harder! I think it's so important to always be a role model, have big visions and goals, yet inspire others along the way.
Who are some of your fashion icons?
D: My fashion icons are my friends and my boyfriend. They all have such great taste. I'm also obsessed with 90s supermodels, Brigitte Bardot, Jane Birkin and Rihanna (duh).
S: Early 2000s Paris Hilton is iconic, and I love 90s Megan Fox. I just adore 90s model style in general. My style changes every day.
What do you love most about working in a family business?
D: Getting to spend time with my family. Many of my friends don't get to see their parents as much as I do. I feel really lucky.
S: Working with my family means I am constantly surrounded by people who love and support everything I do. They always want the best for me and are so encouraging of any new idea or spark I might have. Surrounding yourself with that kind of positive energy is so important, especially in your work environment!
What is next for Wildflower?
S: So. Many. Things!!! I am beyond excited for all of these new ideas and projects we have coming. The possibilities are truly endless, this is just the beginning, I'm telling you!
D: We’re planning on expanding to new headquarters and hiring more talented people to help grow Wildflower. There are so many new collab cases with fun people and brands coming out that my family and I are excited about. We're focused on changing up the iPhone case game, a lot! We have some big surprises in store and are so excited about the future.
Thanks Free People! Check out our collab with them here...